Lori sent out this note about some new canoes in the impoundment. We have had a blast using the old canoes, and I hear that the new ones don’t leak and have three seats. Canoes are first-come, first-served, and there for the use of everyone. We’ve gotten some great photos and baitfish while in a canoe! Here are some guidelines for use:
Canoes are for use only in the Impoundment.
· Leave your dog at home.
· A pfd (personal floatation device) must be on board for each person 12 years and older.
· Children under 12 years old must wear a pfd.
· Stay 60 feet away from all alligators.
· Keep arms and legs inside of the canoe.
· Paddle wide in creek bends as not to surprise a basking alligator.
· Stay back from overgrown shorelines.
· Paddle during daylight hours only.